Introducing Zelle® The Fast and Easy Way to Send and Receive Money
Hughes Federal Credit Union as well as most major banks and financial institutions in the U.S. are offering Zelle in order to safely and securely transfer funds immediately between accounts. It’s a secure way to accept incoming transfers and send money instantly or within minutes by using an email address or U.S. mobile number. If you need to send money to your family or friends, you don’t need to know their account number or even where they bank. This free service even allows you to request money from an individual; a handy tool when splitting a tab, concert tickets and more!
Zelle securely validates users and accounts and is already an integrated feature in Hughes’ online and mobile banking. No need to install a separate app. By offering a person-to-person payments platform, Zelle offers the most convenient way to send money.
Click here to find out more about Zelle with Hughes.
How to use Zelle on Hughes Mobile
- Open your Hughes mobile app
- Click on “Payments” then go to “Send Money with Zelle®”
- Click on “Get Started”
- Choose an email or phone number. This step will prompt you to enter a 6-digit validation only once.
- Choose to "Send," "Request," or "Split"
- Select a Recipient by adding a new contact or choosing an existing one
- Enter your amount and the date then hit "Send"
How to use Zelle in Online Banking
- Log in to Online Banking using your username and password
- Click on Zelle up top (make sure you disable pop-up blocker)
- Select or enter a Recipient
- Enter an amount (has to be more than $5)
- Choose a transfer date
- Choose the account you wish to send money from
- Hit "Preview"
- Confirm with "Send"
Congratulations, you’re all set to send a receive money with Zelle!
Why go with Zelle if I already use a money transfer app like Venmo or Cash App?
Every smartphone user has their preferred money transfer service. To a consumer, all three allow you to link up with a friend, relative or vendor and transfer money. With Venmo, you can also not-so-secretly see transactions happening between friends that include colorful emoji filled descriptions. Cash App and Venmo require some external linking and a totally separate app to be able to manage transfers. Money goes into these apps then the user decides when to release the funds into their bank account. Transfer speeds can vary and could take up to 3 business days to process. With Zelle, the transfer happens instantly from bank to bank without it sitting in an app and funds are protected by the FDIC and NCUA.