Once a member, always a member
Once you become a member at Hughes, you are always a member regardless of where you work or live.
Joining is easy
You may join Hughes Federal Credit Union if you:
- Live, work, worship or attend school in Tucson
- Are employed by one of our select Employer Groups
- Have a family member who is a member of Hughes
- Make a small donation to one of the following community Special Interest Groups:
- Friends of the Oro Valley Public Library
- Friends of the Pima County Public Library
- Tucson Audubon Society
Join Today ›
Check and see if your employer offers Hughes member benefits.
Become a business partner
It's a known fact that financially stable employees, make better employees. Hughes can provide employees with affordable financial services that they might not get at a bank. We're here to help make a positive difference in the financial lives of your employees. That's what we do! Become a business partner and begin offering the free benefit of membership to your employees with Hughes.
Services we provide your employees:
Information about low cost financial services that can help your employees make wise choices.
Company name on our website
View our current list.
Opportunity to sign up and have Hughes conduct free financial seminars for your employees on retirement planning, budgeting, credit score enhancement or buying a home.
For more information on how we can help your employees, please contact Business Development at 520-205-5672 or 520-205-5673.
To sign up as a business partner click on our Employer Group Membership Application.
Membership through a Special Interest Group
Membership to Hughes Federal Credit Union is also available for members of Friends of the Oro Valley Public Library, the Friends of the Pima County Public Library, or the Tucson Audubon Society.
Become a partner through your club, church or other nonprofit group
Offer Hughes membership through your club, church, association or other nonprofit group in Tucson. For more information, please call 520-794-8341.
By completing the Employer Group Membership Application, businesses located outside of Tucson can apply to offer the benefit of Hughes membership to their employees also.
Core employee groups
Raytheon Missile Systems Company
More than 61 years ago, Hughes Federal Credit Union was formed by employees on the Hughes Missile Systems (now Raytheon Missile Systems) plant site. Today, we're proud to serve the financial needs of those affiliated with Raytheon Missile Systems, Union Pacific Railroad and more than 800 other groups and businesses.
- All employees and retirees of Raytheon Missile Systems Company and their family members are eligible to join Hughes.
- Retirees of Hughes Aircraft Company who live in Arizona are also eligible to join Hughes.
- Employees of the United States government who are assigned to Raytheon, including contractors and employees of contractors working on the premises of Raytheon Missile Systems in Tucson, Arizona are eligible to join Hughes.
- This includes any vendor or supplier of goods or services who has employees physically working on the premises of our sponsors or their subsidiaries.
- This also includes establishments such as canteen services, travel agencies, business machine servicing companies, those continuously providing temporary help to Raytheon and others.
Union Pacific Railroad
In 1992, Hughes merged with Arizona Transportation Credit Union.
- All employees of Union Pacific Railroad, retirees and their family members are eligible to join Hughes.
How to join
Join Hughes Federal Credit Union with a $50 deposit into a Main Share Account, which is our basic savings account. That is your share in the Credit Union, which stays in the account, earns interest and maintains your membership. You can also take up to six months to bring your balance to the minimum $50, and you are eligible to apply for any of our other benefits and services, including the right to vote for our board of directors.
There are several ways to establish your membership and open an account:
Join Hughes online. Transfer your $50 initial deposit online to open your membership.
Visit any of our Branch Offices
A Member Service Representative will be happy to meet with you at any of our branch locations. You can open your new account, sign up for direct deposit, consolidate any loans that you might have or rollover any 401(k) or IRAs. Please see Locations and Hours to find a branch near you. Please be sure to bring:
- Proof of identification and picture ID (Driver's license or military ID)
- Cash or Check for $50 to be deposited into your Main Share Account
Join Today ›
Join Hughes Federal Credit Union today. Call 520-794-JOIN for more membership information or join Hughes online today.
Take advantage of our discounts
Visa® Merchant Offers
Use your Visa® debit card or Visa® credit card from Hughes and enjoy valuable discounts to help you stay on budget. See our Visa® Merchant Offers for debit and credit cards to save on online purchases at merchants such as Ace, Target, ProFlowers, Zulily and more!
Credit Union Advantage Program—Buying Your Dream Car
Drive away in your dream vehicle and get a great rate from Hughes Federal Credit Union by using the Credit Union Advantage program! Enjoy one-stop shopping at more than 200 participating dealers in Arizona.
When you're shopping for your new or used vehicle, just tell them you're a Hughes Federal Credit Union member or sign up to become a member. You'll receive these benefits:
- Preferred pricing on new and used vehicles and extended service contracts.
- One-stop sales and credit union financing at the dealership.
- A low Hughes Federal Credit Union auto loan rate.
- Eligible Hughes Aircraft or Raytheon Missile Systems Company employees, family members and retirees can also use their GM Discount.
- For more information, call a Hughes Federal Credit Union Member Service Representative at 520-794-8341 or 800-253-8245 (outside Tucson).
Sprint Discount Program
Hughes offers our members these major savings through the Sprint Credit Union Member Discount Plan available to new and existing Sprint customers.
- 10% off most regularly priced Sprint individual service plans
- 15% off most regularly priced Sprint business service plans
- Waived activation fee on new activations
- Waived upgrade fee
Three Ways to Receive Your Sprint Discount:
- Call 877-SAVE-4CU (877-728-3428) and tell them you're a Hughes Federal Credit Union member. Ask to be part of the NACUC_ZZM (consumer) or NACUC_ZDS_ZZM (business) Corporate ID to save.
- Visit LoveMyCreditUnion.org.
- Visit your nearest Sprint store.
Love my credit union rewards Program
All eligible credit union members in participating states have the unique opportunity to get a great discount on a new vehicle from either GM or Chrysler through the Love My Credit Union Rewards program. While the discounts vary depending on which vehicle you choose, everyone will drive away with a great deal. And thanks to our low interest rates, your savings will really add up. Visit LoveMyCreditUnion.org for details.
Hughes Federal Credit Union members can receive the following money-saving discounts:
- General Motors is making its supplier pricing available to members for most new GM vehicles. This discount is in addition to its current incentives and promotions.
- Chrysler Group LLC is offering Affiliate Rewards preferred pricing on most new Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge or Ram truck vehicles, which could save you thousands. This discount is in addition to its current incentives and promotions.
- Exclusive discounts from Dell. Save up to 30% on select computer packages from Dell, 10% off tablets and at least 2% off everything else.
Members can sign up for TurboTax online. TurboTax brings you Total Assurance Protection so you can feel 100% confident about your taxes:
- Maximum refund guaranteed
- 100% accurate calculations, guaranteed
- FREE downloadable Audit Support Center
- Save on TurboTax products
CU Road pal
Hughes offers CU Road Pal, a roadside assistance program created exclusively for credit union members and provides unparalleled service and unprecedented value. CU Road Pal offers a wide range of roadside assistance services and other travel-related benefits to keep you on the road.
From little incidents like being locked out of your vehicle to bigger troubles like needing a tow truck, CU Road Pal is here to help get you back on the road quickly. Its professional customer service team is just a phone call away and ready and waiting to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. They’re always there when you need them.
Please visit LoveMyCreditUnion.org or CU Road Pal for more information. To speak to a representative, call toll-free 855-607-2300.
Discount Movie Tickets
Members can purchase $8.00 movie tickets for movies playing at AMC Theaters located at Foothills Mall (7401 N. La Cholla Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85741) at any Hughes branch, while supplies last.
Tickets do have an expiration date and may not be accepted by the movie theater for new releases or special engagements.
Dunn-Edwards Paints Discounts
Members can receive a 20 percent discount on all Dunn-Edwards Paints* products when they show their Hughes credit or debit card as proof of membership. The discount is valid at the two Dunn-Edwards Paints locations in Tucson (4320 E. Speedway Blvd., near Columbus and 4039 N. Oracle Road, near Roger); and seven locations in Phoenix.
Enterprise Car Rentals
Hughes members can receive up to 15 percent off Enterprise* car rentals. To receive a discount, call 888-227-7253 and provide the ID #76CU006.
Actual rates may vary. Discount depends on city and season.
For additional discounts, open a Premier Checking account with rewards.
*Hughes Federal Credit Union does not guarantee or endorse vendors and makes its services available to members to use at their discretion.
The credit union difference
Not for Profit, Not for Charity, But for Service
Hughes Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit democratic, financial cooperative, owned by the members who save and borrow here. Board members serve as unpaid volunteers, and are elected by credit union members.
Unlike banks, Hughes does not issue stock or pay dividends to outside stockholders. Instead, earnings are returned to our member-owners in the form of higher deposit rates, lower loan rates and lower fees.
Credit unions also have a social mission to provide service to people of modest means. We support the national credit union philosophies of "People Helping People" and "Not for Profit, Not for Charity, But for Service."
Our Commitment to Financial Education
Hughes Federal Credit Union strives to improve members' financial lives through education and low-cost financial products and services. We are proud to offer free educational seminars for our members, including youth programs geared toward educating young people about the importance of saving and developing good money management skills.
Learn more about our free online financial seminars.
Our Commitment to the Community and the Credit Union Movement
Hughes Federal Credit Union provides financial services for the purpose of improving lives. While our first responsibility is to our members, we also strive to improve our community. Learn more about our community involvement.
Join Hughes Now ›