Member Service Representative
Hughes Federal Credit Union is dedicated to providing a positive difference in our members’ financial lives. Our commitment to the Tucson community extends beyond our members as we sponsor and support local charities and organizations that promote the financial literacy of future generations. Join our team and see why we have been named a “Best-In-State” credit union, two years in a row!
To assist members and potential members with their financial needs. Explains services which meet member financial needs, sets up new accounts, respond to problems, direct members to the appropriate personnel, and prepares loan documents. May have lending authority as assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists members with opening and closing accounts, may underwrite consumer loans up to the amount assigned per Credit Union policy. Answers questions about products and services and resolves problems that are within their authority to resolve. Refers problems that are beyond their authority to their supervisor, along with their recommendations.
- Identifies cross-sell opportunities and cross-sells services to members.
- Assures that appropriate records are maintained and required reports are prepared including compilation and assembly of loan documents into files for record keeping.
- Processes and inputs data on the computer system.
- Acts as liaison between members and various organizations and departments.
- To provide accurate, courteous, friendly, timely and professional service to all members and other employees.
- To assist members waiting in the lobby in a timely manner.If yo
- To respond to all correspondence in a timely manner.
- To wait on a proportionate number of members based on branch volume.
- To respond to all telephone messages in a timely manner.
- To process member transactions within credit union standards.
- Should score an average 6.0 or higher on quarterly quality service loop surveys
- To assist the branch in achieving an internal service survey score of 4.25 or greater.
Knowledge and Skills
Experience: Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Education: Equivalent to a high school education.