Hughes Federal Credit Union is dedicated to providing a positive difference in our members’ financial lives. Our commitment to the Tucson community extends beyond our members as we sponsor and support local charities and organizations that promote the financial literacy of future generations. Join our team and see why we have been named a “Best-In-State” credit union, two years in a row!
To assist members with their financial transactions, involving paying and receiving cash and other negotiable instruments.
Responsibilities and Duties
- 70% Receives and processes member financial transactions, including, but not limited to, deposits, withdrawals and loan payment; sells money orders and travelers checks to members; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed.
- 15% Welcomes members and provides routine information concerning services and directs members to appropriate department for specific information and service. Identifies cross-sell opportunities and cross-sells services to members.
- 10% Balances cash drawer and daily transactions.
- 5% Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks including, but not limited to, assisting with daily audits and performs other duties as assigned.
- To provide accurate, friendly, professional, and personal service to all members and other employees.
- To balance daily in a timely manner and error free consistent with Credit Union policy.
- To handle a proportionate number of transactions based on branch volume.
- Posting and transaction errors not to exceed credit union policy.
- Should score an average 6.0 or higher on quarterly quality service loop surveys.
- To assist the branch in achieving an internal service survey score of 4.25 or greater.
- Meet assigned sales goals and service standards
Qualifications and Skills
- Up to six months of similar or related experience.
- Equivalent to a high school education.
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
- Ten key calculator and computer keyboard by touch. Ability to use a computer keyboard. Must be good with detail to deal with numbers and names. Detail oriented.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employees must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to speak clearly, hear and able to travel to other locations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The mental demands necessary to competently perform this job include the continuous need to be alert and resourceful in solving problems; and to exercise a degree of patience and initiative in performing the job duties.
Salary Range: $14.00/hr