Our ideal candidate has the ability to help tell the Hughes story through compelling content and effective strategy. We are looking for someone with exceptional writing skills, initiative, creativity and positive attitude. This position is highly collaborative, as you work with the Marketing team and others in the credit union to help take our marketing to the next level. You will be involved in all areas of marketing, including social media, website, blog, email, ad campaigns, videos, promotions and other initiatives. If this sounds like you, apply today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Supports the goals and objectives of the marketing department in relation to the Credit Union's strategic plan and mission. Participates in the oversight and management of the Hughes content marketing, social media properties, and other digital initiatives.
- Writes and edits compelling content for blog posts, emails, videos, ad campaigns, web pages, social media posts, press releases, and more.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to brainstorm and create various marketing promotions.
- Serves as the informal copy editor for other departments and assists management team with ad-hoc copywriting as needed.
30% Social Media:
- Create a content marketing calendar to ensure content is regularly added to the website and social media sites throughout the year.
- Generate, edit, publish and repurpose content (original text, images, video, contests, etc.) for different social media channels that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Creates and manages online / social media giveaways and contests.
15% Video & Photography:
- Oversees creation of video content to be used on various digital platforms including social media channels, website and in-branch signage.
- Captures video and photos at credit union events to be used on social media and website.
10% Reporting, Research & Testing:
- Provides management with social media campaign results.
- Researches and stays up to date on social media trends to allow for optimal brand integration.
- Continually finds ways to improve on metrics through testing new initiatives.
5% Online Reputation Management:
- Interacts and responds to social media questions, comments and concerns in a timely manner.
- Works with other departments to manage online reputation and communicates with management as-needed for escalated assistance.
5% Provides marketing assistance where needed.
5% Performs other related duties as assigned.
- To meet the Marketing Department's goals and objectives with respect to social media, email, website, online advertising, project tracking and performance of other marketing and digital duties.
- To achieve the Credit Union's planned market share, assets, loans, and other product/service objectives.
- To deliver planned results within budget.
- To assist the department in achieving an internal service survey score of 4.75 or greater.
Three or more years of professional experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Broadcast, Communications, or related field.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and story-telling skills.
- Creative and strategic thinker.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Takes initiative, able to work independently, but eager to collaborate with co-workers and participate as a member of inter-departmental projects.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Social Media Management Software (such as Sprout Social or Salesforce Social Studio)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects)
- Project Management System (such as Basecamp or Asana)
- HTML and/or Web Content Management System (such as WordPress or Sitefinity)