Hughes helps families realize the American dream of home ownership every day. Let Hughes handle the business of the home buying process, allowing you to focus on and enjoy the search for your family’s new home!
The benefits of choosing Hughes Federal Credit Union for your next mortgage include:
- No application fee
- Free pre-approval on your loan
- Competitive interest rates
- Free loan consultation
- Guidance in choosing the loan to fit your needs
- Discounted closing costs
Rates › Pre-Qualify › Calculators ›
Understanding your mortgage loan options
Hughes Federal Credit Union is proud to offer competitive rates and a variety of mortgage products. Our mortgage professionals will help you choose the loan that best fits your needs. Call 520-794-8341 to schedule a consultation today.
Loan products offered by Hughes Federal Credit Union:
- Fixed-rate loan
- VA Loan
- FHA Loan
- Conventional Loan
- Refinance your mortgage
- Home equity
Mortgage application steps
Applying for a mortgage can seem like an overwhelming task, but the professionals at Hughes are experienced and available to make the process as stress-free as possible. Watch our video on mortgage application or read our step-by-step guide:
STEP 1: Pre-Qualification
Most realtors require a pre-qualification form from your lender to begin showing properties, but the benefit to you is personal guidance from our mortgage professionals on selecting your best price range, based on the financial information you provide. This step can be completed online or over the phone with one of our mortgage professionals, and does not include credit verification.
Follow these tips for the best results:
- Familiarize yourself with these typical terms.
- Understand your current financial standing (i.e. credit scores, debits, and assets).
- Calculate the amount you have for a down payment.
- Determine how long you plan to stay in the home.
- Do not misrepresent the facts in the pre-qualification process. It could derail your home buying process in the income to debit ration verification step.
Run your own preliminary calculations using our special tools or call 520-794-8341 to schedule your free pre-qualification meeting today.
STEP 2: Schedule an appointment and gather your documentation
You’ll need the following information and documents to complete your mortgage application. Please plan to bring these items, for everyone who will be named on the mortgage, to your appointment with a mortgage representative:
- Proof of address for your current residence, as well as the previous two years.
- Social Security numbers.
- Employment history, with names, addresses, and phone numbers of current employer, as well as for the previous two years.
- Bank and account information, including current balances.
- Investment information, including if you currently own another home or property. The lender will need to know that address, current market value, and the amount owed on an existing mortgage.
- Your current debt, including the name of creditors, account numbers, current balances and monthly payment amount.
- Tax returns for the last five years.
STEP 3: Complete the mortgage application
You’ve been pre-qualified and now you’ve found the home you want to buy – make it official. Applying for a loan can be done in person or online here.
STEP 4: Pre-approval and Processing
Once the income to debit ratio has been verified, Hughes Federal Credit Union will issue approval on your loan request and evaluate the property you are interested in purchasing.
STEP 5: Final approval and funding
The paperwork has been completed and you are ready to move forward with closing on your new home!
You’ll feel right at home with Hughes Federal Credit Union’s mortgage professionals. Call 520-794-8341 to schedule your appointment today!
Rates › Pre-Qualify › Calculators ›