Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can't find what you are looking for? Use our Search feature on each page from your browser. Or, contact us by secure email, eChat, phone at 520-794-8341 or 800-253-8245 outside Tucson, or in person at any of our branch locations.
What is the Hughes Routing Number?
The Routing Number is 322174944. This can be found on every page of our website, at the top, and in the footer.
What are incoming instructions for domestic or international wire transfers?
Below are incoming wire transfer instructions for a domestic or international wire:
Catalyst Corporate Federal Credit Union
6801 Parkwood Blvd
Plano, TX 75024
For Further Credit To:
Hughes Federal Credit Union
971 W. Wetmore Rd
Tucson AZ 85705
520-794-8341 or 800-253-8245 - Outside Tucson
Final Credit To:
Member Account Number
If you were sent a domestic wire transfer and did not receive it within one business day, please call 520-794-8341 or 800-253-8245 outside Tucson, and we will be happy to research further.
How can I view the history on my accounts? Will I be able to see if a check has cleared?
To view your account history and activity, just log on to your Online Banking account, or enroll today. With Online Banking, you can easily access your savings, checking, credit card, and loans. You can easily see an image of your cleared checks with Personal Check View. You can even view current or past eStatements.
From start of enrollment, Online banking history goes back 6 months and eStatements is 18 months. Online Banking also offers Mobile and Text Banking which lets you access your account history and activity from your mobile device. For step-by-step instructions, watch our online tutorials.
How do I set up direct deposit?
Direct deposit is safe and convenient. Your funds can automatically be deposited into your checking or savings account—or both! You can count on your money being in your account as scheduled by your employer or any recurring check you receive from a pension, retirement or Social Security.
They'll need the following information:
- Hughes Federal Credit Union
PO Box 11900
Tucson AZ 85734
- Routing Number: 322174944
- Your member number and whether the deposit is going into your checking or Main Share savings. If the deposit is going into your Daily Savings, please include -08 after your member number.
Social Security recipients can call the Social Security Administration at 800-772-1213 or go to ssa.gov to have funds directly deposited into their Hughes account.
To set up direct deposit with your employer, contact your employer's payroll department. Here is a form that you can provide to them.
We're here to help you. If you have any questions, please contact us at 520-794-8341, or 800-253-8245 outside Tucson.
How can I transfer funds from another financial institution into my Hughes Federal Credit Union account?
There are many ways you can transfer funds from another financial institution to your Hughes Federal Credit Union account. Here are some suggestions.
Things you can do at Hughes:
- Deposit a check using Hughes Mobile Deposit.
- Transfer money using External Account Transfer (A2A) with Hughes Online Banking.
Things you can do with your other financial institution:
- Send an ACH transfer from your other financial institution to Hughes.
- Mail a Bill Payment from your other financial institution to Hughes.
- Initiate a wire transfer from your other financial institution to Hughes.
- Deposit a check from your other financial institution to your Hughes account. Check holds may apply.
If you have any questions regarding these various options, please feel free to contact our Call Center at 520-794-8341 or 800-253-8245 outside Tucson.
How can I make my Hughes loan and credit card payments?
Here are convenient ways members can make Hughes loan and credit card payments:
- Auto Transfer. Set up a Direct Deposit into your Savings or Checking, then set up an Auto Transfer to your loan or credit card. There is no charge for this service.
- Online Banking. Loan and credit card payments can be made through Online Banking. Payments on credit cards will be sent to the card processor and reflected on member statements within two business days. There is no charge for this service.
- Voice Response System. Loan payments can be made by calling our 24-Hour Voice Response System at 520-205-5555 or 800-253-8245 outside Tucson select Option "1." (Credit card payments cannot be made through Voice Response.) There is no charge for this service.
- Pay Direct by Phone*. Credit card payments can be made by calling Cardholder Services at 866-820-3941. Please allow one (1) business day to credit the account. There is a $5 charge.
- Call Center*. Payments can be made by contacting our Call Center during regular business hours at 520-794-8341 or 800-253-8245 outside Tucson. There is no charge for this service.
- In Person*. Payments can be made in person at any of our branch locations during regular business hours. There is no charge for this service. Payment needs to be received at least two business days prior to the due date to ensure proper crediting. Credit availability restrictions apply.
- Night Depository*. Payments can be made at any of our convenient night depositories. There is no charge for this service.
- Mail. Payments can be mailed to the Credit Union along with a payment coupon. There is no fee for this service. For extra coupons, contact our Call Center.
- Auto Pay. Hughes Visa and MasterCard credit card payments can also be made automatically through our AutoPay program. Members can elect to have their payments deducted from their Hughes Checking to pay their 1) minimum payment due, 2) a fixed amount, or 3) the last balance on their statement, less any current payments or credits. Please contact our Call Center during regular business hours at 520-794-831 or 800-253-8245 outside Tucson for an enrollment form.
- Bill Pay from another financial institution. To have your loan payment made electronically through Bill Pay from another financial institution, please direct your payment to Hughes Federal Credit Union, PO Box 11900, Tucson AZ 85734-1900 using the account format below to ensure timely posting of your payment. Include your member number (up to six digits) and your three digit account suffix number.
- Member Number Account Loan Suffix
- XXXXXX XXX
- Shared Branching. Make your loan payment and conduct basic transactions at more than 5,000 participating credit unions worldwide and at more than 48 locations in Southern Arizona. Hughes is always nearby. Look for the CO-OP Shared Branch Network logo. To find a location, visit CO-OPCreditUnions.org/Locator or call toll-free 888-287-9475. For more information >
- PayFast Loan Payment Service. With PayFast, you can make a payment online or toll-free from a checking account at another financial institution. There is a $5 convenience fee. For more information >
*Excludes credit cards and mortgage loans serviced outside Hughes. Mortgage payments can be set up through Bill Pay, ACH, or mailed directly to the vendor. Certain restrictions apply.
How do I remove a joint owner from my membership?
The easiest option is to have all current membership owners come into a branch together to complete the necessary documentation. A member service representative will walk you through the process.
If everyone isn't available to visit a branch, here's what needs to happen:
- The joint owner needs to complete a Disclaimer to Remove Joint Owner form and give it to the primary member. This must be notarized if not signed in a branch.
- The primary member needs to complete a new Application for Membership form with all remaining joint owners. This also must be notarized if not signed in a branch.
- The primary member will need to submit both forms along with valid, government-issued identification to the Member Services Department for processing.
You can come into any of our branches or call and request that the forms be mailed to you.
Please note, if the joint owner is a co-borrower on an outstanding loan, we may not be able to remove them from the membership.
How can I get my member or account number if I don't know what it is?
To receive your member or account number, you can do one of the following:
- Visit one of our branches and show valid government-issued identification.
- Request the information by phone by contacting our Call Center at 520-794-8341 or 800-253-8245 outside Tucson. You must provide your name, phone access password, and answer additional identification questions before our employees release this information to you.
- Locate a copy of your Credit Union statement. Your member number is on the statement.
If you have any questions, please contact our Call Center at 520-794-8341 or outside Tucson at 800-253-8245.
I have recently obtained a loan and have not yet received my payment coupons. Can I make a payment without a coupon?
Click here to print out loan coupons online!
You can also visit one of our branches or request coupons be mailed to you by contacting our Call Center at 520-794-8341 or 800-253-8245 outside Tucson. Please have your member number and phone access password available when you call so we can complete the loan coupon information before mailing them to you.
The loan payment should be made by the first payment due date, even if you have not received the payment coupon book. To remit a payment without a coupon, simply write your member number and loan suffix on the memo line of the check, and mail it to us at:
Hughes Federal Credit Union
PO Box 11900
Tucson, AZ 85734
The member number, loan suffix, loan payment amount and due date can be found on the loan documents that were provided to you when you closed your loan.
Click here to check out your other payment options.
How can I get a copy of a canceled check?
The easiest and most convenient way to get a copy of a canceled/paid check is to enroll in Online Banking. Once you are logged on to Online Banking, you can click on the check number and view a copy of the check displayed, which you are then able to print. This is a free service for our members!
If you do not have access to a computer, we invite you to visit one of our branches or call the credit union at 520-794-8341 or 800-253-8245 outside Tucson, to place an order for the check copy(ies).
Depending on the amount of research needed to complete your request, you may be charged fees. Typically, the fees are $3.00 per check and research fees are $15.00 per hour. Please see our Product & Service fees.
Do you offer Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)?
Yes, we offer Health Savings Accounts (HSAs).
Health Savings Accounts, or HSAs, are tax advantaged accounts used in conjunction with a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP). Eligible members can open a HSA Checking account at Hughes. Contributions may be tax deductible and earnings accumulate tax deferred to pay current or future qualified medical expenses. Withdrawals for qualified medical expenses may be tax-free. To be eligible to open an HSA, you must have a qualifying HDHP.
At Hughes, the HSA is a checking account. This gives you the convenience to use a special HSA Visa Debit Card and free Bill Pay. You can also purchase checks. Money is deducted from your HSA. There are no activity fees or annual charges.
Click here for HSA Checking account rates.
Click here to open a HSA Checking account today.
If you have any questions, please contact the Call Center at 520-794-8341 or 800-253-8245 outside Tucson.
I did not receive my 1098 or 1099 tax forms. Can I print them off your website or Online Banking?
Tax forms 1098 & 1099 are mailed by January 31. If you did not receive your tax forms, it could be for one of the following reasons:
- We do not have your correct mailing address on file.
- You did not earn more than $10 in dividend/interest income for the year.
- You did not pay more than $600 in interest on a home equity or mortgage loan.
To access your tax forms on Online Banking, log on to Online Banking, click "Accounts," "eStatements," "Documents," and select your current statement. On the drop-down menu at the top, select the tax form.
If none of these three reasons apply to your membership, please call 520-794-8341 or 800-253-8245 outside Tucson to submit a request for a duplicate tax form. Please have your member number and phone access password available when you call.
Can I purchase an official check or money order with a credit card?
If your credit card is a Visa or MasterCard, we can do a cash advance up to your available limit. Please check the Terms and Conditions on your credit card to determine what fees and/or interest charges may be associated with doing a "cash advance."
Once we receive approval from the credit card issuer for the cash advance, we can deposit the funds into your account. Then the funds can be withdrawn in the form of an official check or money order. Please click here to review our current fees on official checks and money orders.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Call Center at 520-794-8341or 800-253-8245 outside Tucson.
Click here to learn about our low-rate credit cards with no annual fees.
Where can I find information on the Annual Scholarship Program?
Hughes Federal Credit Union offers an annual scholarship program for members who are high school seniors. The Credit Union announces its program in January of each year through our newsletters, website and social media. Please stay tuned.
I forgot my password for Online Banking. What do I do?
- If you are already an Online Banking user and you have forgotten your password, click the Forgot Your Password? link to reset your password. You will be prompted to answer a security question and/or to authenticate via text or voice mail to confirm your identity. You can then reset your password.
- If you have never used Online Banking before, enroll today!
Password Rules: For your security, we require a complex password. This password must be a minimum of 8 characters (maximum-32). It must include the following: one or more upper case letters, one or more lower cases letters, one or more numbers, one or more special characters. Example: H9g43$Fcu.
If you continue to have problems logging on to Online Banking, please contact our Call Center at 520-794-8341 or 800-253-8245 outside Tucson.
How do I login to Credit Card Online?
To view your Hughes credit card online, you may register your card. Have your Hughes credit card number handy, login to Online Banking, click on the Accounts tab and then click on Credit Card. You may view your credit card online anytime you are in Online Banking on your computer. Credit card online is not available on the mobile app at this time.
How do Overdraft Services work?
How does Hughes protect my checking account?
We know that life isn’t always predictable and that sometimes your checking account comes up short. That’s why there are several safeguards in place to protect your checking account.
Keeping money in your savings account is your first line of defense. If you write a check, use your debit card, or have an electronic withdrawal (ACH) overdraw your account, Overdrawn Protection will automatically transfer money from your Main Share to your checking.
This service is free to use, but these types of transfers from the Main Share are limited to no more than six a month under Regulation D. We suggest opening a Daily Savings account, Line of Credit, or Home Equity Line of Credit to avoid reaching your Regulation D limit and possibly getting charged a $30 fee.
Can I set up more sources for Overdrawn Protection?
Besides your Main Share, you can set up more sources to protect your checking account:
What if I don’t have enough money to cover a transaction?
Your checking will try all Overdrawn Protection sources first, but if you don’t have enough money available to cover the transaction, that’s when Overdraft Privilege kicks in. Hughes will pay the item for you, saving you the embarrassment and inconvenience of bouncing a check, missing your loan payment, or not being able to pay for your meal. Having Overdraft Privilege won’t cost you anything unless you use it. There is a $30 fee for each transaction paid with Overdraft Privilege.*
What transactions does Overdraft Privilege cover?
Your checking comes with Overdraft Privilege coverage for checks and electronic withdrawal (ACH) transactions. You can opt in to extend your Overdraft Privilege to cover ATM and one-time debit card transactions as well. We recommend that you fully protect your checking account by opting in.
Why should you opt in for ATM and one-time debit card Overdraft Privilege coverage?
- It’s convenient.
- It saves embarrassment.
- It provides a safety net.
- It’s good to have in an emergency.
- It’s free to have unless you need to use it.
- Protect what you use most: more people pay with debit cards than any other method.
What happens if I use Overdraft Privilege?
- We will pay your transaction.
- Your checking account will have a negative balance
- You’ll be charged a $30 fee for each transaction we pay.
- You’ll simply need to pay us back within 30 days.
- You may overdraw a Free Checking up to $600 and a Premier Checking up to $750, including fees.
How can I opt in for ATM and one-time debit card Overdraft Privilege coverage?
- Call us at 520-794-8341 or outside Tucson 800-253-8245.
- Visit a Member Service Representative at any of our branch locations.
*Some restrictions apply. Overdraft Privilege is available for Free and Premier Checking accounts on individual, trust, or sole proprietorships. Payment by Hughes is a discretionary courtesy and not a right of the account holder or an obligation of Hughes. See Share Accounts Information and Disclosures and our Product and Service Fees for more details and current information.